There can be a lot to remember when you look around. Our helpful Supported Living Checklist will help to ensure that you have covered all the areas that matter to you. You can use the list as a guide to start discussion and make notes if you are visiting a number of Abbeyfield houses. We look forward to meeting you!
- Can you provide me with an overview of the house and the service that you can offer?
- What is the average age of the people living here?
- Do you offer a trial stay?
- Please explain what type of rooms are on offer. Do they include carpets and curtains?
- What facilities are on offer in the rooms? eg kitchenette with room including kettle, toaster, ensuite shower, etc
- What type of tenancy do you offer?
- Can you provide a breakdown of the monthly rent?
- Does the monthly rental charge increase yearly?
- Do I need to pay for a tv licence?
- Are there regular resident meetings?
- How do I report maintenance and repairs?
- Are pets allowed?
- Do you cater for special diets?
- Are all meals cooked inhouse?
- What if I don’t like what is on offer?
- What hours do the staff work? What are their roles?
- Do you provide a laundry service?
- Is the cleaning of a resident’s room included?
- What happens in an emergency when staff are off duty?
- Are there any regular social activities organised?
- Is Careline included in the cost of the monthly rent?
- What happens if a resident’s needs or condition change?
Tips for your Visit
You may also want to consider:
- Does the building feel safe?
- Do the communal areas feel homely?
- Can you imagine yourself or a loved one living there?